Scoping Professional Teacher Experience In 2017, the ACDE’s Network of Academic Directors of Professional Experience undertook the largest study on the status of Australian professional experience, with the aim of helping to identify issues and laying a path for their future resolution. The report reflects changes in progress, which respond to the Teacher Education Ministerial […]
- CHAIR Christine Ure, Deakin University
- DEPUTY CHAIR Sue Ledger, Murdoch University
- ACT Chris Morrissey, University of Canberra
- NSW Debra Talbot, University of Sydney
- NSW Ian Hay, Macquarie University
- NT Jenny Buckworth, Charles Darwin University
- QLD Mia O’Brien, Griffith University
- SA Trudy Sweeney, Flinders University
- TAS Chad Morrison, University of Tasmania
- VIC Kathy Jordan, RMIT
- VIC Rebecca Miles, La Trobe University
- WA Rachel Wicking, Curtin University
- AILITEA Peter Anderson, University of NSW
- AILITEA Nerida Blair, Australian Catholic University
HIGHLIGHTING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
The ACDE Board established The Network of Academic Directors of Professional Experience (NADPE) in 2016 to provide a collective voice and take leadership in key issues associated with professional experience.
Last year NADPE undertook the largest study on the status of Australian professional experience.
The report was submitted to the Department of Education and Training (DET) last October. DET’s feedback is currently being incorporated into the NADPE report, which has helped identify issues and lay a path for their future resolution.
Projects findings were shared with the NADPE meeting and ACDE Deans’ Forum last October. The final report will go to all ACDE member institutions.
The inaugural NADPE meeting on 6 May 2016 included representatives from 34 institutions and the Australian Indigenous Lecturers in Initial Teacher Education Association (AILITEA). It was a highly successful meeting filled with enthusiasm and collegiality. The powerpoint from the presentation is here.
The day included discussions on the current status and future directions for professional experience, particularly in light of recommendations within the TEMAG Report, with a focus on how NADPE can work collaboratively in this space. Members also identified a range of issues facing them in their roles managing Professional Experience.
Anne Szadura, Manager of ACDE Networks and Projects. Mobile 0434 891891. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Steering Group aims to progress the following priorities:
- Evidence of practice and associated timelines for gathering evidence
- Partnerships around professional experience (including partnership agreements)
- Consistency in mentorship and professional development and support for mentor teachers
- Capstone assessment.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
FIRST NADPE MEETING MAY 6, 2016
ACT, NT and Tasmanian members