WHO WE ARE
The Australian Council of Deans of Education (ACDE) is the peak body representing all Australian universities and several of the private colleges that offer initial teacher education degrees. ACDE works to ensure that Australia produces teacher graduates of the highest quality; has a strong teaching profession; and an inclusive and innovative education system that enhances learning and teaching.
HOW TO BECOME A TEACHER
There are many routes to becoming a teacher. Check out the ways to embark on the journey of a lifetime.
ACDE EXECUTIVE TEAM
- President: Professor Michele Simons
- Vice President: Professor Simone White
- Secretary/Treasurer: Professor Barney Dalgarno
Conference and AGM
- Friday 1 November 2024. Venue TBC
- Thursday 4 April 2024
- Thursday 6 June 2024
- Thursday 1 August
- Thursday 3 October
- Thursday 5 December
Contact email@example.com for further information.
2023 AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE AND IMPACT IN EDUCATION
The Australian Council of Deans of Education is proud to celebrate and acknowledge the accomplishments of remarkable individuals or teams who have made a meaningful contribution to education through its Awards of Excellence and Impact in Education.
This Award recognises contributions of initiative, innovation, personal success, research or building positive collaborative partnerships in the education sector.
2023 Award Winners
- Moombaki Cultural Learnings, led by Professor Cheryl Kickett-Tucker, Curtin University.
- From The Ground Up, led by Associate Professor Megan Gibson, QUT.
- Dr Cris Edmonds-Wathen, Charles Darwin University.