Australian Education Research Leaders' Summit, 2022
Assessing ARC Grant Applications
Did you know that many Australian Education researchers provide feedback in ARC assessment reports, which is putting applications at risk of not being funded?
At the recent Australian Education Research Leaders’ Summit, the assessment of ARC applications was discussed. Informal advice from previous ARC College of Experts indicates that, in Education we could do better in the way we provide assessments.
This project aimed to gather information from across the education field to support greater alignment for an integrated system, and generate recommendations to sustain existing educational research and consolidate development leading to research-rich and self-improving education systems in Australia. Download the Report here. The current policy context surrounding teaching in Australia is clearly one that […]
The Community of Associate Deans Research in Education (cADRE) helps to facilitate and guide collaborative research on shared issues and promote a culture of research cooperation.
cADRE was established by ACDE in 2013 to:
- Provide advice and make recommendations to ACDE on policies and matters relating to Educational Research.
- Provide advice on processes to assist ACDE in achieving and maintaining excellence in Educational Research.
- Extend the links and enhance collaboration between educational researchers, policy makers and the wider community to advance Educational Research.
- Provide a collegial forum for discussion, debate and recommendations on Educational Research, including the role of Associate Deans (Research).
Convenor: Professor Catherine Manathunga on 07 5459 4669 or email@example.com
cADRE held a joint cADRE/ACDE webinar on 27 May 2022 on Reimagining education research in a post-election world
Professor Catherine Manathunga (Chair of cADRE, USC) facilitated and introduced the event. The web chat was facilitated by Professor Elke Stracke (Deputy Chair cADRE, UniCan)
Short presentations were delivered by:
- Professor Stephen Billett (Griffith) – Reimagining the Educational project through research
- Emeritus Professor Marie Brennan – Contexts for (Rise of) Privatised Organisations in Education research
- Professor Amy Cutter-Mackenzie-Knowles (SCU) – Grass-roots research agenda setting project of NSW Deans of Education
- Professor Tom Lowrie (UniCan) – Commercialising Education research
Deputy Chair of ACDE, Professor Donna Pendergast (Griffith) provided a short ACDE welcome and vote of thanks